To empower homeless, formerly homeless, and other At Risk individuals through the development and implementation of computer training curriculums. Upon completion of training, to provide job placement support in order for the above individuals to stabilize their vocational careers.
- Identify organizations working with the target population, maintain a database of service providers, develop and maintain websites for such organizations, and custom design a computer education training curriculum to be implemented in order to provide skill set.
- Create a network of employers and employment agencies, for job placement opportunities, for curriculum graduates wishing to reenter the workforce.
- Provide opportunities for self evaluation and creative skill recognition and development through curriculum design.
- Provide support for people reestablishing themselves within the community.
Shawmut Education provides a customized curriculum design that embraces, assimilates and nurtures the human spirit. Through confidence building, and goal achievement, students who complete course study will experience a renewed vigor and desire to play a positive role in their vocational, individual, family and community lives.
Shawmut Education seeks a world where there is no digital or economic divide. A world where the Shawmut Education bridge to computer literacy has led to a reinvigorated ability for all individuals with an economic, cultural, and educational disadvantage, to dream. Dreams are cultivated into individual self confidence that leads by design to family, community, and corporate success. A world where the acquisition of computer literacy skills and pride in accomplishment leads to a dynamic, self sustaining workforce. Shawmut Education sees computer literacy as a path to individual fulfillment, economic transformation and social stability.
- To use our methodology (OSCAP) to create Dynamic Capacity Building Partnerships (DCBP) that show the way to team and community building.
- Create and strengthen alliances with other organizations and government agencies with common interests.
- To assist in job placement and/or career goals of homeless, special needs and oppressed individuals.
- To encourage and foster a holistic learning approach that serves to enrich the mind, body, spirit and financial health.
We are proud to announce the Board ratification of our Vision Statement in April 2003. We look forward to continuing our mission in order that our vision becomes a reality. Shawmut Education looks forward to the opportunity to continue its work with te disenfranchised and those who serve them by increasing computer literacy and web based technology solutios to bridge the digital divide.
Please note that our site is not designed for the casual browser and caters to our clientle. Individuals and organizations interested in training should study the "Training" area of service provided above. Students engaged in online learning utilize our online classroom capabilities. Individuals or organizations looking for support from service providers peruse our service provider links. Organization who help the disenfranchised seeking technology solutions and our online form examine that area of the site. Finally those interested in examining our work with video on the web study those areas.